The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am needing some low to medium light fast growing plants. I don't have nearly enough in my tank yet. Currently have a few stems of Water Wisteria, Amazon Swords x3, and Java ferns and 1 anubius on my driftwood.

Tank specs are a 125g with 2 36" Finnex planted plus 24/7 lights. I run the 24/7 cycle constantly. No c02 except for Excel occasionally.

So do you guys have anything that would do well in this setup and look great/out compete algae?

This is a discus tank so anything that would go well with that. Thanks!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I need non floaters even though they're great sponges. The wife isn't a fan of floaters.

Would cabomba work?

I'm reluctant to get more water sprite as it makes new baby plants and they get everywhere, but man they grew huge. So I'll look for some of that also. Thank you!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I don't have any extra yet,but Hygrophila polysperma grows fast! If you can find some give it a go.I got mine from Flea bay.They say it'd re route the Mississippi river if it got loose.

it is illegal in Kansas,Florida and north carolina though,and maybe a couple other places.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I will second the L. Repens and add Bacopa carolina. I trim my l. repens and bacopa carolina and a month later they as tall as the tank again. I also like the way the look. Some of my favorite stem plants. Makes it nice because top and replant those tops then boom before you know it you have a nice patch.

Edit: I didnt see you already have l. repens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts