The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks-

My ZooMed isn't cutting it any more. I have a 9 gallon eheim tank. I'm in the process of planting it and looking for shrimp. The filter is quiet & easy to clean, etc, but I can't get the flow to come back up to strength. Instead of spraying out as it used to it just does a half-hearted job, nearly a healthy dribble. Besides, I want to put it on the floor instead of next to the tank and it was never strong enough for that.

I've been reading every thread I could find and, since I want a canister, it seems to come down to Fluval and Eheim. What I'd like to find is which one is easy to clean, idiot-proof, with the parts that I need (like a spray bar). I need to be able to regulate the flow down too since it is such a small tank. Does anyone care to share an opinion? I know that this comes up from time to time but I couldn't find a recent discussion.

Idiot proof is a big deal for me...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m gonna assume you are talking about the Eheim 2211 and Fluval 107? Honestly, both perform similar. I like the interior sponge and tray layout of the fluval 7th gen filter but don’t like the ribbed hoses. I think the eheim hoses are much better but their interior layout is in my opinion not as convenient to clean. Both have adjustable valves to control flow. You can’t go wrong with either. Both companies offer spare parts as well.

I ordered and played around with both and ideally I would have chosen the Fluval and replaced the hoses. I ended up going with neither lol but that’s only because I got a good deal on a different brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have had the same thoughts about the Fluval 107: don't like the hoses! Right now I am trying to make my ZooMed work a little longer. It's dead simple and easy to clean, if only it worked from the floor!

What filter did you end up getting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.