The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
A ton of guppies, mystery snails, japanese trapdoor snails, ghost shrimp, & tons of plants in a 10G.
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone wanted to take some brand new guppy fry off of my hands. I bought a ton of guppies from Artistic Aquariums in Chandler this week and didn't know that one of them was pregnant! I was only able to save 7 of the 50 total little fry, as the mom & other fish were eating them all as I attempted to scoop them out! I only have a 10 gallon tank, and already have my tank overcrowded. Already exhausted my local outputs to giving fry away!

·
Registered
13,080 Posts
I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone wanted to take some brand new guppy fry off of my hands. I bought a ton of guppies from Artistic Aquariums in Chandler this week and didn't know that one of them was pregnant! I was only able to save 7 of the 50 total little fry, as the mom & other fish were eating them all as I attempted to scoop them out! I only have a 10 gallon tank, and already have my tank overcrowded. Already exhausted my local outputs to giving fry away!
I've literally gave hundreds to our local Petco.. Never got anything for them.
Unless you separate or cull the females you will now have an endless supply of guppies.. ;)

·
Banned
A ton of guppies, mystery snails, japanese trapdoor snails, ghost shrimp, & tons of plants in a 10G.
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've literally gave hundreds to our local Petco.. Never got anything for them.
Unless you separate or cull the females you will now have an endless supply of guppies.. ;)
what do you mean by "cull the females"?

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If my tank was ready I could... but I'm still at minimum a month out till I am ready to stock
I'm going to grow them out first. Maybe then? I really don't know what to do with these fry as my fish keep spawning and I don't have an extra tank. Only a high school student here, so I don't really have a salary :|

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.