The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(this is my first post so I hope I'm posting in the correct place)

I know there are a lot of posts about hydra but many of the posts involve living creatures in their tank and I just want to know the cheapest way to kill these hydra off considering I don't. the only concerns I have are killing my plants and killing the good bacteria in my tank considering it is fully cycled. I've been letting this tank do its own thing for a while and decided to clean it up today and get a good water change in because I plan on transferring my Amano fry once they are fully grown, which is still ways away. I definitely was expecting a growth of copepods but was shocked to see a bunch of greenish hydra that grew a fair size, I've never experienced them before. I've seen ways to get rid of them but I can't seem to find whether those ways will kill my plants or not. I have dozens of different plants that I don't even know the name of. I was hoping to get away with raising the tank temp but again I fear killing all of my plants as well as beneficial bacteria. does anyone know the easiest way to get rid of these? I don't plan on introducing living things into the tank any time soon so I have time, I just don't want to spend money if I don't have to. thank you!

tldr;
20-gallon tank
no filter
no fish no shrimp no snails
heated
fully cycled
heavily planted
soil under substrate
looking for the cheapest way to eradicate
time is not an issue

looking into raising tank temp - will this kill beneficial bacterial or my plants?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Fenbendazole will kill them off without harming plants or good bacteria. Go to petco and get dog de-wormer Safeguard. It is 100% Fenbendazole. Dose at 0.1 gram per 10 gallons. It will kill them off overnight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts