The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After some thinking I decided to port over Your Tanks to the forum.

Unfortunately this required me completely re-coding the entire thing and all profiles will have to be re-entered by their respective users since all data is now linked to your forum account.

This work will pay off I believe as the integration with the forum will have many benefits.

Testing such software though can be tough without multiple profiles from multiple users. So this is where you all come in. If you could all please create a profile (if you have pictures of your tank), edit them, upload additional images, view other profiles, make comments, rate other tanks etc....

Then come back to me report on what didn't work. Be sure to include any error messages and what you did to get the error.

Also if you'd like to see something that isn't there be sure to include that. You can post the results here in this thread.

The new Your Tanks can be found here:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/yourtanks.php

- Kyle

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hello, Kyle.

I've only been a member for a few months, but I've got quite a bit of time on my hands. I'd be glad to volunteer for your new project if you've not got enough already.

As an aside, this is a really nice forum. I'm a mod on a fish site with only about 4,000 members. I commend you on the fact that you keep this huge site running so smoothly!

Let me know if you're in need of my volunteering services for your testing. Again, I'd be glad to help.

Regards,

Lori (Boz)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Being able to click on the user id and see that user's tanks is a very nice feature. :thumbsup:

It's also nice to be able to tell which page you're on (particularly once you get lots of pages).

Small request: page navigation at the top and bottom.

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Page Navigation added on bottom.

Was able to port over most tanks from old Your Tanks. I was only able to port over tanks of users that used the same email address for both the forum and the old your tanks registration.

All others were not able to be ported over.

I would say I was able to get 75% of them over.

I am working on letting you know which page you are on Cheryl. Expect it in a day or two.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Kyle,

I think everything is great but I have one suggestion.

After one gets done editing their "tanks", after hitting "update profile" I think one should also have the option of not only viewing their page after the changes but should have an option next to the clickable "My Profile" to "Edit Profile".

Just my thoughts on easier navigation.

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kyle,

Is there any way to set up more than one tank at a time?
You need to have a picture uploaded to submit.

Aside from that everything went smoothly on my end.
No. Currently there is only one way to set up a tank. Also I decided that only tanks with pictures should be added. I don't think people really are going to want to look at tanks with no pictures. I could be wrong though....

Kyle,

I think everything is great but I have one suggestion.

After one gets done editing their "tanks", after hitting "update profile" I think one should also have the option of not only viewing their page after the changes but should have an option next to the clickable "My Profile" to "Edit Profile".

Just my thoughts on easier navigation.
I don't think I completely understand what you mean Cydric. So after you have updated a profile, you just want another link to go and update it again?

- Kyle

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ugh, I just spent like 15 minutes listing out all of my plants, then when I attached the image and hit submit, it didn't allow my image since it was a a gif. When I hit back, all my info was gone so I have to start over. Maybe make it a two part submission process or include a back button to keep the details?

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ugh, I just spent like 15 minutes listing out all of my plants, then when I attached the image and hit submit, it didn't allow my image since it was a a gif. When I hit back, all my info was gone so I have to start over. Maybe make it a two part submission process or include a back button to keep the details?
What browser are you using?

I just tested the form in IE and Firefox, and both kept the data on the form when I hit the Back button.

I added a little info box up top on the Create Profile form that will hopefully let people know that they have to include an image, and what the limitations are.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.