The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a month of crying that I am not able to use my 100gallon in our new loft, I have come to the conclusion that I will put a smaller tank together. I already have two 30" T5NO Coralife light assemblies and a 5lb CO2 tank with solenoid. What size tank should I look at that would be able to support the the lights which range from 30-36" I think. Also should I double up lights and use both fixtures or just use the one and put the other up for sale. I already have my turface and Miracle Grow that I will have a ton of extra. I am probably going to put up for sale my two used Xp3s that I was going to use.

Where is the best place to buy a new glass aquarium. It looks like I just missed the Petco 1.00 per gallon sale but how much more are those tanks anyway?

Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
You didn't mention why you couldn't use the 100 gallon. If it was the 6' length, what space do you have to work with? Either way, smallest I'd recommend is a 40 gallon breeder for aquascaping purposes. I'd recommend 90 gallon if you can fit the 4' x 18" footprint.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You didn't mention why you couldn't use the 100 gallon. If it was the 6' length, what space do you have to work with? Either way, smallest I'd recommend is a 40 gallon breeder for aquascaping purposes. I'd recommend 90 gallon if you can fit the 4' x 18" footprint.
i assume for weight. OP, what if you were to do a paludarium or riparium? that way you only have it half full or less with water and the weight is significantly reduced while still leaving plenty of room for fish?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the limit at the loft is around 30-40 gallons and the length isn't a problem as the loft is long and narrow. I was all ready to setup and had my driftwood and landscape laid out. I have a truvu 100gallon that I am going to put up for sale. I was really wanting to use the light fixtures I have bought and then I can transplant most of my stuff from my 10gallon I have setup.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If by limit you mean some board committee says 30-40 gallon max, you can toss it out the window. Plenty of people go against the rules. Just make sure the tank doesn't explode. Lol. But if you must go 40 or below, cheapest best choice would be 40B. Get one of those rimless 60 or 90p's if you can spend more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.