The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 geophagus tapajos in a 75.

I am thinking of maybe adding a dither fish. Must be happy with 82f and must not reside in lower part of the tank. No bigger than a tetra or something. I don't want to create too much waste.

That's the tank

·
Registered
918 Posts
Two of my favourite tetras, diamond tetras and lemon tetras would work. These fish look very plain in dealer's tanks, but colour up beautifully as they mature.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Lemon Tetras are a great suggestion - their color would be stunning against the overall darker background of your tank phili.
I kept Lemons with discus @ 82 F with no problems to speak of - they were generally mid-level tank fish.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Good idea ;-). Cardinal tetras could work -- I recall that discus keepers often include cardinals because they tolerate the higher temps better than some other characins. I've also heard of rummynoses doing fine at that temp. In fact, might be worth checking out a discus forum for ideas given the similar water parameters.

Or just ask Paul ^

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't find lemon tetras locally at least no one has them in stock. Maybe in a month or so. Going to give me geos some more time before I decide to add dithers or not.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Good idea ;-). Cardinal tetras could work -- I recall that discus keepers often include cardinals because they tolerate the higher temps better than some other characins. I've also heard of rummynoses doing fine at that temp. In fact, might be worth checking out a discus forum for ideas given the similar water parameters.

Or just ask Paul ^
My lfs has both in their discuss tanks so I assume they tolerate the temp fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts