The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just joined this forum as a friend reccomended it. I have about a 2 month old 20 gallon long aquarium with mostly live plants and a few pastic ones I just lying around. I am running an aquaclear 30 with an intake sponge, along with an aquarium coop small sponge filter for some extra filtration.

Right now it is stocked with a betta, 6 rasbora hets, 4 panda cories, 3 amano shrimps, and a clown pleco.

I am going to move the clown pleco and rasboras to another tank, and am thinking about some new stocking options. I like the idea of 5 otos and 12 ember tetras, but im not sure if that would be too heavy, ideally I would like to add some more cories too.

Also looking for a good air pump if anyone has a reccomendation, the one of my sponge filter is pretty weak.

Thanks in advance,
Cameron

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Hey Cameron! Welcome to the forum!

How often and how large of water changes are you doing? Those will affect your total nitrate accummulation at any time (ex. 10% weekly water changes will necessitate keeping less fish than 50% weekly water changes, with 50% usually being considered the maximum size water change).

Personally, I'd beef up the panda cory numbers up to 8, add 8 ember tetras, and then evaluate where I'd be in terms of nitrate buildup in the tank.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Stocking density can also be altered by good and dense plant growth, which will be dependent upon lighting (and nutrients...some of which will be provided by the livestock).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.