The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im so stuck on what lighting to do for my tank... should i go with PC, T5 HO, or MH:

tank is a 18 gallon.. 24" by 12" by 16" i think... and i do have compressed co2 for it... i will be mainly growing HC and l'armatica.... perhaps a few others not too sure yet...

whats the best light for me??

thanks
craig

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Anything will work. Your tank isn't too tall, your tank isn't especially long, etc...Try to ~2.5WPG for a good carpet of HC. You don't necessarily need MH since the tank isn't tall. It'll have a nice shimmer effect though.

T5HO or PCs will work just as well.

I thought you had this all sqaured away a few days ago? :D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
You'll get some nice bright light for a good price with AH Supply 55watt PC. Their reflector kicks A.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
The ADA NA Lamp 36W PC fluorescent is 8000K and not 8800K.

36 watt power compact fluorescent lamp with true 8000K color temperature, SQUARE PIN ARRANGEMENT. .

Our Price: $26.00 (That's US $)

I bought two of these. I'm using one of them now and it has a nice crisp white light.

I have a 20" twin bulb Orbit fixture that I use a 36w 8000K bulb and the other bulb is a 40w dual daylight 6700K/10,000K. The 8000K bulb makes the 10,000K part of the bulb appear slightly blueish and it makes the 6700K part of the bulb appear slightly yellowish.

I just added some Barclaya longfoilia and it's looks good and red. The bulb brings out the green colors too because it has a small extra spike of green in it's color spectrum. In the Tech Specs section there is a picture of it's color spectrum chart. It's a really nice bulb IMO.

It is a square pin bulb and if you get a 36w AHSupply kit, you'll need to tell Kim that you want the square pin moisture-resistant endcap. The kit comes normally comes with a straight pin moisture-resistant endcap.

http://www.adgshop.com/8000K_PC_bulb_p/108-060.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.