The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using flourish and flourish trace. It has been brought to my attention that these do not include the micro nutrients that I need. So, what should I use? An all on 1 perhaps? I do have shrimp in my tank, so I have to be careful about that. Thank you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you are using both you get the trace elements needed. Not sure where you got this information. The only problem with Seachem or any liquid fertilizer is that they are really lean. You pay a lot for water. It can become really expensive for bigger tanks.

If you are UNIQUELY dosing those 2 you will miss MACRO (N,P,K) nutrients thought. Even if Flourish contain some, its really low.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are using both you get the trace elements needed. Not sure where you got this information. The only problem with Seachem or any liquid fertilizer is that they are really lean. You pay a lot for water. It can become really expensive for bigger tanks.

If you are UNIQUELY dosing those 2 you will miss MACRO (N,P,K) nutrients thought. Even if Flourish contain some, its really low.
Maybe I meant that I was missing the macronutrients then... Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe I meant that I was missing the macronutrients then... Do you have any suggestions?
I would suggest you to look up at Dry salts like GLA fertilizer. If you wanna keep with Seachem, look from Nitrogen, Phosphate, Potasssium. You can always go for an All-In one liquid fertilizer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts