The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is just to have the Malaysian driftwood as the centerpiece. I am contemplating whether I should use rock at all. I could only find 3 rocks like the ones I have in there so they are sort of useless. My substrate will be Eco-earth fine...with a gentle slope from the back @ the moment. I considered maybe white river rock, but idk. My goal is not Iwagami...kind of a pseudo biotope-dutch hybrid (which actually means I have no idea lol). I really love the look of Tonina tanks, but I have a friend that tells me I am crazy to want to try that as a first tank. My thoughts that I use carpet around the front and the right side of the tank. Then use some stems around the drift wood and some sort of red plant. I would love a bocapa as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like the first pic, if your going to use rocks I would place them in the substrate so that the driftwood looks like it was forced to grow around them. Tight up under the root structures

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I like the first pic, if your going to use rocks I would place them in the substrate so that the driftwood looks like it was forced to grow around them. Tight up under the root structures
By first pic do you mean the initial pic or the first one of the 3 pic series. Do you recommend i scratch the 3 banded rocks and go with a lighter granite cobble/river rock...if so how many?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am contemplating not using rocks at all...my current ones do not work. I have lace rock in the Tropheus tank which is too alkaline and I have some river rock laying around but they are really dark in color and very similar size 2-3 3-5 etc. I am at a loss. Here are the pics. I sort of was wanting to carpet the front and right side up to the drift wood and stem plants around the wood; however, I made a pic with just a uniform slope in the back incase I wanted to plant stems on the right. What do you think. The substrate stacks high if I angle it to one side.

side view

straight on with even slope in the back

·
Registered
194 Posts
Second that... Need more pictures. I would definitely slope the back left corner up. Take out what's on the back right and move to the left... That will help make a focal point. Other than that, just twist and turn that piece of wood till you find the most interesting side. When you get it, you will know.

My 2 cents... Haha. Good luck man.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts