The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is the current set up.

Lighting is a 24w 6500k GE T5-HO bulb
There is no CO2, I plan on using root tabs, excel, flourish, KNO3, and KH2PO4.

For foreground I was thinking Hemianthus Microanthemordes, but i'm a little worried that the plants will grow veritcally.

For midground i'm thinking Blyxa japonica, but i'm worried that the runners would go all over the place.

And for background plants I was thinking Anacharis and Myriophyllum Mattogrossense.

What are some plants I should consider?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
blyxa doesn't have runners, so it should be fine, your background choices sound fine to me (although maybe get egeria densa instead of regular anacharis, just cause I think egeria densa does better in more tropical temperatures)

I think HM might grow vertical on you though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if the HM would grow vertically whats are my choices of foreground carpet plants? Ive had pygmy chain sword in this tank, but it took over the tank real fast.

Also I used to have jungle vals and valliseneria nana in a tank few years ago. I liked the vallisneria nana and the jungle vals as well, but how do you go about trimming the jungle vals? Everytime I cut the leaves it would leave a mark on the plant at the tip of where I cut it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.