The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have CO2 system with Milwaukee CO2 regulator, PH monitor and Aquamedic 1000 reactor. I bought them from a guy and he was using it for 2 years. I have couple of questions since I do not have the full set up instructions.
Is there anyway to clean the rector?
Do I need to use a check valve in the CO2 to reactor line?
The guy who I bought it from did not use check valve and he was letting the water to go to the bubble counter and using water as bubble counter solution! I am not sure if that is correct or not.
Last question. I have the PH calibrating solution (4 & 7). Is that enough to set up the PH monitor or do I need anything else. I downloaded the instructions for this monitor and it says I should rinse the probe in M10000B solution to activate it.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am setting up a 125g planted discus tank.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,971 Posts
I will answer the questions that I can.
Do I need to use a check valve in the CO2 to reactor line?
Yes, it is best to have another check valve between the final output and the bubble counter of the reactor build.

The guy who I bought it from did not use check valve and he was letting the water to go to the bubble counter and using water as bubble counter solution! I am not sure if that is correct or not.
Most people use mineral oil in the bubble counter, as it evaporates less than water. To prevent water from flowing back into the bubble counter, you should use a check valve after the bubble counter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am buying that exact set up today off of someone who is getting out of the hobby. We will see what all comes with it. Let me know how you will set yours up as I will probably run into the same problems you will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts