The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some feedback on the "plan" for my hardscape/plantings

There is some space in the far right side of the hill that is open. I plan on filling it with my substrate, and putting a small stem plant bush in there.

Of course all suggestions will help. I really would like to make this scape killer.

Substrate is black diamond blasting sand, and I will have injected co2, as well as a suspended light so I can certainly do any light level I would like.

Java fern in the upper right portions of the mountain with some fissidens along the middle branch at the "scar" area. The red tiger lotus will be just to the left of the rock right under that branch, and some crypts just to the left of that growing in its shade. Far right along the rock will be my Ranunculus forming a low rounded bush. Between the forked branch will be some Crypt. Parva (wanted that plant back BADLY ) and a carpet along the front to left side (open to suggestions) Behind the branches mid and far left of the tank will be ludwigia 'cuba' and hygro 'sunset' and maybe one other largest stem. Also growing along the rock somewhere will be a few stems of pinnatifida (or as I call it the velcro plant of the aqua world) Some various other plants may make its way in the mid ground including a small sword ect.

How does this sound?

Here are the pics.

·
Registered
255 Posts
To me, the hill is the interesting part of the scape, but the curve of the branch pulls your eye away from it and over to the left where there isn't anything. I might take that branch and flip it upside down from the way you have it.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To me, the hill is the interesting part of the scape, but the curve of the branch pulls your eye away from it and over to the left where there isn't anything. I might take that branch and flip it upside down from the way you have it.
if I flip the upper arching piece of wood, it would get completely hidden by the plants i had planned on putting there, the wood is above the mid height area of the planting.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I'm kinda liken' the towel substrate myself. :big grin:

I think I would keep it how it is. But, I do think the smaller driftwood pc are too much. I'd just use the larger pc that create the arch.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol the towel carpet must stay!!! lol

I removed the smaller branch right after posting this. I figured it would get lost in the plants. The small forked one in the front right I figured would be a good piece to frame in the crypt. parva. Not completely sold on it though.

I'm kinda liken' the towel substrate myself. :big grin:

I think I would keep it how it is. But, I do think the smaller driftwood pc are too much. I'd just use the larger pc that create the arch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.