The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this tank is 3 weeks old and I'm not sure if I am completely loving it yet. Actually, I quite like the the left 2/3 of it, and the right 1/3 I'm not sold on. My goal for the right 1/3 was to have a 'foresty' sort of feel, like a nice bushy collection of stem plants. I'm not sure if it's just because it hasn't had a chance to grow in yet or if it's because the different stem plants have mixed in together, but I'm not entirely happy with it.

So, if this was your tank, what would you do to change it and make it look nicer? Or am I just being impatient and should I let it grow in a little?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's looking good. I would give it a while to get established. Are you fertilizing? That will increase the growing speed for the stem plants for sure. When I'm on top of mine dosing 2x a week i notice a big difference.
Looks good.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I agree it just needs to grow awhile but if you have room behind and just to the right of the highest piece of driftwood some red stems like ludwegia red would look great...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I'm fertilizing. I'm using Osmocote Root tabs and using some liquid CO2 booster when I remember.

Thanks guys! I guess I'm just a bit impatient!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts