The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some hydrothrix from Tom Barr. The stuff is beautiful, but it grows SO fast. I was just curious if anyone has advice on how to handle such a fast growing plant.

Can I just cut the top off when it gets too tall? My issue with this is the top is the best looking part of the plant :/ I'm not sure what other options I have...

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I've personally never grown this. However, it is a stem plant so you can cut it back and leave the base or replant the tops whichever you prefer. If you want it to stay low just replant the tops and remove the old plant. If you want a large bushy look then trim and let it branch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've personally never grown this. However, it is a stem plant so you can cut it back and leave the base or replant the tops whichever you prefer. If you want it to stay low just replant the tops and remove the old plant. If you want a large bushy look then trim and let it branch.
Thanks for the help. So in general with stem plants, it's safe to cut the top off and leave it? This stuff grows so fast I'll be tossing away a lot, oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts