The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the smallest possible adjustable heater for my 3-gal nano. Everything I've seen so far for nanos are always pre-set temps and don't allow adjustments. Anyone here find a good small nano heater that is actually ADJUSTABLE?

Thanks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just set up a JBJ 3-gallon Picotope with a Tetra preset heater and I can assure you you're correct in thinking you need an adjustable heater. My house is about 72 and so is the tank. The red light is always on but it's not doing anything.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Looking for the smallest possible adjustable heater for my 3-gal nano. Everything I've seen so far for nanos are always pre-set temps and don't allow adjustments. Anyone here find a good small nano heater that is actually ADJUSTABLE?

Thanks.
Hi Option,

I like the Hagen Elite submersible 25 watt adjustable #A748, small size, adjustable, and accurate (get #A748 if you want adjustable). I can buy them at the LFS for about $15.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
ARCHAEA MINI AQUARIUM HEATER (25W) (28.99) from Aqua Forest Aquarium. I have two of them and they're great so far and hold the temp well. No idea how long they last but so far so good over a couple months. They're TINY and with a black background hidden behind plants you can't see them at all.

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got a marina 50 watt one for $32. It's small enough to fit my Fluval Spec 5 gal next to the pump and I can adjust the heat. I didn't like the ones where they are stuck at 80 degress all the time. What if I want to add some specific fish like Rummy Nose Tetras which like it at 84 degress or 26 C. this way you control the temp, not the heater.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.