The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some suggestions to light a 10 gallon aquarium in the office that basically has Anubis and Ferns in it. It does have some DHG also. I am not using CO2 but I am using Excel and small amount of ferts.

I just don't want to deal with algae on this tank.

·
Registered
93 Posts
DONT get the small fluval nano spot. Its light beam is not wide enough for my 10g, might work for a cube, but I would steer clear. Not sure if finnex or current make their planted lights in a 10g size, but I would go with them.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If it's a standard 10 gallon get an old incandescent hood and swap out the lights for cfl, they make em small enough to fit and you can vary the power from ~6 watts up to about 26 depending on what bulbs you get, can vary color temp as well... I like 3300 in mine

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I run a standard 18in fluorescent hood on my 10g and have never had algae issues with it. Works well for me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ive got a beamworks generation 4 1650 lumen 0.5wx33 6500kx33 it is 17-21inch this is a great light for a 10 gallon tank it is growing just about anything I put in it.I think I gave about $35.00 to $40.00 shipped to my house

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.