The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching CList for a while searching for deals, and found this ad that is very tempting. Not sure what the deal is with the regulator because it is meant for a grow room. Does it look like I would need a whole new regulator or just a couple parts? I'm wondering if this is worth buying... ie will I still need to spend another $120 on a regulator or what?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/grd/1448548063.html
I need quick responses, I'm sure we all know how quick a good deal on craigslist will get snatched up.

TIA,
Jake

·
Super Moderator
11,976 Posts
It is hard to say for sure, without knowing the regulator that is on there.

Likely, it will work, but you may need to buy a new needle valve.

As for the 20lb CO2 tank, I would make sure that it has not passed the hydro test date.

·
Registered
499 Posts
What I see is that there is no gauges on the regulator so it will be very difficult to set your working pressure where you want it, and you will get no warning that the tank is going empty. Also, the needle valve doesn't look that great and I doubt that it would hold the nice consistent settings that we are generally trying for in our hobby. Basically you are getting a functional tank and solenoid and will probably want to replace the rest. $120 is not a great deal for a tank and solenoid so I would say pass.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I agree with airborne r6. Not a very good deal at all. That might be a regulator that goes to 400 psi, so it would be useless for our 10-30 psi needs. And, it isn't even a two stage regulator.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
CO2 tanks have to be refilled regularly, so you will need a place that does that for you. Then you may find that you can buy a tank cheaply from them, or just rent a tank, exchanging your empty for a full one each time. I would check into that while waiting for a good bargain on ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts