The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Here's some pictures of my tank. Sorry it is not good. I had to use the flash because it would come out blurry if I didn't. The camera is not a good one.

It is a 29gal, low tech tank. The plants are Anubias nana + A. nana petite, V. nana, M. minuta, dwarf sag, and L. mauritiana. And I was planning to find another taller-type plant to go in the back next to the dwarf sag.

The 'rents want me to move the tank and so I'm going to remove the fish, suck out a lot of the water--dump some of it and keep the rest so it can just be put back in. Then move it.

Meanwhile my mom is insisting that the driftwood should be moved to the middle of the tank. She says it doesn't look good where it is and it needs to be the focal point in the center of the tank.

My whole idea with this tank was to make it look a bit like a wild field with the driftwood over it like a tree. I was going to grow moss on the branches of the driftwood and I have some fissidens but it doesn't like my tank and refuses to cling to the driftwood and looks disgusting the way it is now. So I'm giving up on that idea.

What do you think? Should I try move the driftwood and the rock underneath it? Now is the time to do it I guess. I will spread out the V. nana in the back a little more and perhaps move around the L. mauritiana and M. minuta. Just so the driftwood and rock can go further towards the middle. Do you think I should or do you think it looks fine where it is?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Maybe some redish crypts in the back center? The tank looks like a good start at the very least, I definitely like the placement of the driftwood, I wouldn't change that. Getting moss on there is a big pita though, really have to take the wood out, get a good bunch of moss and you have to tie it on the branches with cotton thread, it'll stay, but takes a couple tries to figure out exactly how you tie = what in the water ^^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.