The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Pellia (Monosolenium tenerum) actually works pretty well, though it doesn't get as big of leaves as it does under high light.

Also mosses can make good ground cover - and I second all the suggestions already made (great stuff!).

·
Registered
159 Posts
dwarf 4-leaf clover. its looks about like glosso, but the mature leaves split into 4 lobes to look like clover. it does well in lower light too. also there is dwarf hairgrass.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
For moss you can use the mesh from one of those lufa bath scrubber sponge washer thingies (Do they even HAVE a name?) and pull it over a rock and tie it tight in back with a zip tie.

The moss will grow up and out of the mesh. Spread it thinly and it'll grow better. Several of these stones would make a lovely foreground (I like the smooth flat craft stones that can be found in the hobby section at Walmart).

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
For moss you can use the mesh from one of those lufa bath scrubber sponge washer thingies (Do they even HAVE a name?) and pull it over a rock and tie it tight in back with a zip tie.

The moss will grow up and out of the mesh. Spread it thinly and it'll grow better. Several of these stones would make a lovely foreground (I like the smooth flat craft stones that can be found in the hobby section at Walmart).
Wow never thought of that Jen. I will be hitting up walmart Saturday morning :proud:

·
Registered
159 Posts
or you can just go to a craft/fabric store and buy a yard of nylon netting or tulle in any color you want for about $.99

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.