The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have kept a 20g long community tank for the last year with some decorations from petsmart (fake rock and fake drift wood) and am looking to change my tank up big time.
I would like to stock with a type of julidochromis and know that they are rock dwelling but don't really know the best way to make a good environment for them so I would like to hear all of your suggestions.I currently have thriving java fern and moss but in my experience most other plants slowly die so if you have an idea for me to incorporate the plants that would work that would be nice too.
Basically im open to any suggestions from me collecting rocks outside to putting in pvc, just reccommend what you think will work best. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Some chichlids live in water not suited for plants. Some eat plants.
I'd suggest you investigate this first by naming which ne specifically in the fish section and asking to contact persons who actually have them.
IMO they would need a much larger tank than a 20L. Petco is rumored to be having
the 1$ per gallon sale at months end so...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All places I have read said that you could keep a pair in a twenty gallon tank, one site that had a list of stocking ideas said you could even keep them with a pair of another type of fish which I agree is crazy. They should at least have the whole tank to themselves.

To be honest I really want a bigger tank but know its not happening because im 16 and lucky to have the tank I have. My parents are supportive of the hobby but I can't really expect them to let me set up another tank.

I will go in the fish section and start a post there about the plants, but my water conditions are already good for the fish I have high ph already (8), so I really only have to worry about them eating the plants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.