The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the tank is setup. I have 4 swords in it at the moment along with 2 pieces of driftwood, 2 Sunset Fire Gouramis and 3 Bronze Cory's.

Now, I know I need to wait for the tank to cycle before doing anything else, but I'm sitting here at a loss.

I'm looking for recommendations on Plants, aquascapes, and fish to get my mind moving.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rex,

I read through it but don't quite understand why not swords?

Also, I'm looking for ideas for aquascaping and fish after the cycle too, for anyone else.

I do plan to keep the gouramis and corys though. ;)

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, k. I wasn't to worried about the cycle itself, but that gives me something to thing about.

I'm all ears for recommendations, especially if someone has some links to pictures of the various species.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I'm beginning to think that I definitely need more lighting, it's the how to do it that has me stumped at the moment as I would prefer to keep the hood on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well, I'm beginning to think that I definitely need more lighting, it's the how to do it that has me stumped at the moment as I would prefer to keep the hood on.
Why not get another 96w strip to put behind that hood you have? I went with a tek light so that I would have plenty of light, that and I cant stand CFs..

I have a 46g bowfront that Im working on getting setup as well. I just got the Aquasoil in it last weekend.. Im waiting for a little more flow of cash to arrive so I can get either some more rocks or driftwood...and then some cash for some plants and co2...and then Im set...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.