The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Angel fish has gone crazy and today I lost another fish. I can only assume he's killing them when I'm not home or asleep. I have never lost fish before and 2 have disappeared (cant find a body anywhere) in the last week.

So Big daddy is going to a new home, soon I hope. When he passed away I always planned on adding another show fish, with color and personality. I would like a breeding pair of something. I was things rams? I plan on keeping the rest of the tank the same. I do plan on adding more plants though species. I don't want anything that is going to attach my tetras.

Also would like to be able to add shrimp to my tank, the angel always ate them before. I am aware that the loach has to go for this to be possible.

·
Planted Tank Nation
889 Posts
Rams are a great idea. They would never really go after tetras except when defending eggs. Rainbows are more of a schooling fish, and some are extremely active, so IMO you should do the rams. Maybe some sort of gourami, but the rams will keep your tank all amazon fish, which I tend to like.

Btw now that the angel will be rehomed, amano shrimp will work perfect for your tank!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.