The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
it's tough to tell. My rotala sp. 'green has similar coloration, but I think the leaves aren't quite as narrow. Could be wrong on that though. Didiplis diandre would probably be the next guess.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe I should post more pictures from Amano to help you guys help me indentify this plants.

What I like from this plants is, it sort of can grow downwards...
Take a look at the first pic, theres sort of one strand growing outwards (in the middle bottom of the picture).
And also I see this plants in aquajournal, but it doesnt say the name of the plants.

Pic 1. The one im refering here is the plants on the left side.

Pic 2. The one im refering here is the one on top, going accross the tank.

·
Registered
974 Posts
How 'old' is this Amano tank? That's why I excluded Rotala sp. 'green' from the list, it looks like an Amano from several years back.....Rotala sp. 'green' is relatively new (1 year or so) to the hobby. That's why I'm still saying Didiplis diandra :)

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
The reason why I said it was Rotala sp. 'green' is b/c I saw it kind of growing horizontally. Mine does the same, but I don't know if Didiplis does that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think this is quite old pic ...

However, I've seen this plants in recent aqua journal too

I got didiplis diandra, and it grow straight up. Or can I grow them like that in the picture ?? If so, how ??

·
Registered
974 Posts
Well, I'll take mine back then :) Looking at the closeup picks, the leaf shape is less fine, and as everyone pointed out - the horizontal growth suggests more of the Rotala sp. 'green' .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.