The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this plant since feb and it looked like this when I first got it.

I've moved into a 55gal and it has grown long stems with huge leaves at the top. The stems are so tall they grow out the top of the tank.
now it looks like this....

Someone thought it was a melon sword when I first got it but now it is too tall and the stems are too erect. What is it?

This is the 2nd plant. A type of unknown lilly

any ideas?

And for fun this is a pic of my dog while I was taking pictures of the plants

·
Registered
764 Posts
I second the Marsh Marigold for the second plant.
The first sword... is a bit tougher one. Melon sword (Echinodorus osiris) can, and often, will outgrow the tank. And the leaf petioles will get longer and longer a bit like your plant has done. But your plant is no Melon. ;) The submersed leaves made me think of E. cordifolius, but the emersed (or floating?) leaf is much too deeply (& narrowly) incised for it. If it's not a hybrid - which it is most likely - then I hesitantly go for E. longiscapus. Hesitantly, because it's not that common in the hobby according to my understanding... :) Got any flowers from it? The flower details would enable a more precise opinion. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.