The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My regulator has an ideal needle valve and until now, a drop checker mounted to that. It worked great for years, but in the last 6 months I've had the plastic cylinder on that drop checker break twice.. it appears thats the only one available for that configuration too! So I'm thinking of switching to attaching the hose directly to the regulator and doing an inline bubble counter. I'm having a lot of trouble finding the brass part necessary to make this happen. Is there a standard part somewhere I can order for this? I feel like I'm spinning my wheels on this so any direction would be great. TIA!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Hi angyles,

Do you know the model of your Ideal needle valve? I use the Ideal 52-1-12 valves and they have 1/8" Female NPT connections so the barb fittings would need 1/8" Male NPT connections. Here is a [Ebay Link Removed] on Ebay[/URL] that offers the barbs. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you thank you thank you!! That's my model and I found what you described on ebay. Now to pick a bubble counter....and hope my plants don't suffer as I wait for shipping

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Hi angyles,

Glad to help! I see you are in WA, if you are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Everett area have you been to a GSAS meeting in Seattle yet? If you are in the Vancouver area Portland has a good club as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was a member for a few years but never made it up to a meeting so I quit. If I remember right, they're on weeknights which was hard to make happen coming from tacoma. But I have thought about trying again. Check out the annual sale at least!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Hi angyles,

Yes, in fact our big annual sale is coming up Saturday, April 23. It is in West Seattle in the gym auditorium of a church. Doors open at 9:00 AM and the auction starts at 10 o'clock. Info here!

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Just to throw out some different idea to think about?
I don't find the vertical bubble counters to fit me well so I use an inline cheapy one made by Fluval. I like to keep it off the reg and where I can see it by just cutting it into the tubing. At 6-8 dollars, I like the connections that screw the tubing down solid but still make it easy to open the lid slightly to let air out and water come back from the tank to refill the counter when it runs dry. Cheap and plastic but I like them. I can also find them in local shops for quicker and still not terrible pricing.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/produ...-88g-co2-kit?gclid=CJ_41tHPz8sCFQQbaQodL1oNEQ

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I just pop small holes in the top of airtight containers and force tubing in. Glass jars with airtight lids always look nice and work well.

Sent from my HTC331ZLVW using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.