The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say let it grow in for a while and see how you feel about it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inpatient side of me shakes his fist at you, the calm reflective side of me agrees with you haha. I'm used to working a fair bit each week on this tank so now that I don't have as much to do, my thumbs are twidling.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Waiting is the hardest part. Whether it's for monetary reasons or just to let it grow out.. But I promise it'll be worth it soon :)
THIS. You are absolutely right. I guess I can continue to focus my efforts on prevention and maintenance then and see what it is like in a couple of months!

Bump:
What look are you going for or are you playing it by ear(sight .)

-->Max
Iwagumiesque with a nice carpet and hardscape. Thats where is breaks down as I am not using DHG but straight vals and I do have some color in the plants which I love (AR mini ftw.)

·
Registered
165 Posts
THIS. You are absolutely right. I guess I can continue to focus my efforts on prevention and maintenance then and see what it is like in a couple of months!

Bump:

Iwagumiesque with a nice carpet and hardscape. Thats where is breaks down as I am not using DHG but straight vals and I do have some color in the plants which I love (AR mini ftw.)

That little bit of color really spices it up! Good job with that. What is your foreground plant? Why did you decide against DHG?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That little bit of color really spices it up! Good job with that. What is your foreground plant? Why did you decide against DHG?
I have not had the best experience with DHG, it always seems to melt in hard water which is what I have (dGH 12 and dKH 11). The Vals spread like weeds on the other hand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.