The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a cube tank 13”x13”x13” approximately 18 gallons.
I currently have 6 ember tetras and 4 otocinclus.
I’m considering adding a pair of Angel veil rams, along with 3 Dwarf corys.
I’d be okay with skipping the corys. But would love the rams.
The tanks very planted so there’s plenty of hiding spots around the tank. Do 1 large water change weekly.

·
Registered
585 Posts
A 13" cube is under 10 gallons totally empty, so either your dimensions or your tank volume is significantly off. It's hard to make stocking recommendations without the proper size.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
The ram pair would be fine in tank dimensions if you are able to get a male/female pair who like one another. But, they will be brutal on corydoras when spawning. Outright kill them or stress them to illness through chasing. Hopefully the oto's will learn to stay at top levels when Rams are spawning as well. The embers will not be a threat to the rams- so fine.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Either your 13" cube measurement, or your 18 gallon measurement is off and that would dictate what you can do.
13" cube might not be so great for your suggested stock.
18 gallon (would probably be slightly less than 18" cube) would be fine.

Others may disagree with the following, but I've struggled with cory's and rams without having slightly acidic water (ph below 7), so in my case I'd really want to be sure I had my water stable and perfect for pushing the limits of a stocking level.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I corrected myself in a later posting. It’s 16” cube. Which is about 17.8 US gallons. I’m thinking on skipping the corys in this tank and just going with the rams. The tanks been set up for over a year a all plants are fully grown in. I’ve had the ottos and ember tetras for about 6 months now and wanted to add a pair of fish that are more showy. I love rams, apistos, and chocolate Gouramis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.