The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. so I have a sick betta. has been for several weeks. he is very lethargic, flouts on his side like a dead fish is not pooping a lot and has trouble swimming to the bottom of the tank.
I thought it was swim bladders so I didn't feed him for a few days and gave him a quarter of a pea. no poop and no change. so I tried again a few days later. no change.
I read online that swim bladder can also be caused by internal parasites or bacterial infections. Should I start treating him for that? What medication should I use?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
3g will be okay. I'd try switching foods. NLS pellets are much cheaper and a higher quality. betta pellets are just normal fish food pellets that are 2x the price because it makes them more cash to new hobbyists.

The current pellet you're feeding is probably a low quality pellet that's full of fillers that's impacting the fish's digestion.

If he isn't sinking a little more within a few days we might need to try some antiparasites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.