The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I just received a brand new magnum hot canister filter in the mail today, i read all the directions and made sure all the parts were there. I filled it all the way up with water, placed the top back on, put in on my tank, plugged it in and turned it on. The water starts to flow but then stops. It pushed out all of the water in the canister but then doesn't suck anymore in. Then the motor is just going but no water flow and no water in the canister except for a little bit in the bottom.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get it working properly?
Thanks!
Jasmine

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Been a while since I ran one of those, but these are the things I remember causing me troubles in the past.
1. Be sure the orange D-ring gasket isn't damaged or installed wrong. A little vaseline might be needed to help it seal.
2. Inspect the O-rings on the inlet and outlet tubes to make sure they are in good shape.
3. Make sure the little clear tube that is glued to the black tube that gets placed in the center of the filter media is there and not loose.
4. Unscrew the impeller assembly and make sure it is put together right and the impeller itself isn't damaged.
5. Make sure the foam O-ring that goes on the underside of the lid and the blue internal cap (or media cage depending which you are using) is in one piece and installed correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.