The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! My Nesaea crassicaulis is growing nicely, and I have removed some driftwood from the back that was taking up valuable space so that I can expand the Nesaea crassicaulis. I am nervous about trimming it because I don't want to wreck it- can you take a look at the picture below and guide me where the best place to cut it is so the bottom and top portions will have the best chance of continuing to grow. Sorry to be a nervous newbie, but i really want to keep this plant in my tank. Thanks for the help!

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
The picture is not showing up...

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Looks like there are some side shoots coming off the bottom portions. I'd cut it a few nodes above where the side shoot is growing. So approximately 1/2 way up the stem. This won't leave you with the nicest growing plant but will probably increase your chances of keeping the bottoms growing. Some times with the larger sized and more finicky stem species, if you cut too close to the bottom, they often will just melt IME.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, wabisabi. Do you know if it will produce any new stems from the sides? Or only those side roots? This s the first time I have kept the plant and the info I have been finding on the net is unclear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts