The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine got out of the aquarium hobby and gave me a 5 stage RO DI system. I'm trying to figure out the best place to put it as I rent a house and don't want to drill into any of the existing plumbing if I don't need to. I'm curious if there are any ways to make it a portable system or one that I can just take out when needed. Is anyone else doing this with this large of a setup or is there a better way of doing this? I searched around for what others have been doing and haven't really found anything.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Mine was made to attach to a regular water faucet. They also make saddle to put over a pipe and then it makes a small hole in your pipe. When your done you just leave the saddle there and remove the line. I would recommend looking on line at some of there water attachments. There are lots of different way to do this.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How big is it ? Most have a bracket built in for hanging on a wall .
It has a bracket that is wall mountable. Just didn't know if I should put it in the laundry room or under the sink in the kitchen in case we want to use it for more than just the fish tank.

Mine was made to attach to a regular water faucet. They also make saddle to put over a pipe and then it makes a small hole in your pipe. When your done you just leave the saddle there and remove the line. I would recommend looking on line at some of there water attachments. There are lots of different way to do this.
This one has the saddle and that's how he had it setup. My only concern with this route is drilling into the plumbing of a rental house.

Use one of these in your laundry room Where your cold water supply is for your washing machine. then put your ro waste water line into the hole that your washer discharges into

Bump: Home depot or lowes have these and then get drywall anchors to mount the unit to the wall
Didn't think about using one of those. Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.