The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
40L Monte Carlo, Cryptocoryne, Limnophila Sessiliflora
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I am a newbie in the hobby of planted aquariums. I've had for 2 years some cryptocoryne and I've added a couple of days ago some monte carlo for carpeting and limnophila sessiliflora. I've also added a basic CO2 nano system from Tropica and some Flourish Tablets to provide all the nutrients the plants require and have a high succes rate. The plants are doing pretty good so far but my aquarium is 40 L, or ~10 Gallon, but I think that the lighting isn't enough for the plants. I read somewhere that it is required to have about 0.5 W lighting per liter for these kind of plants, and my lighting now is 4W. I am able to add some led strips but my concern is that it would be too bright for the fish.

Is it safe to add a total of ~20ish W in a that small aquarium? The fish I have inside is a school of 8 Neon Tetra.

Thank you!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

I am using a Sun-Sun aquarium that has a built-in lighting with a combination of white and rgb colors on it.

I also forgot to mention that I use a liquid flourish fertilizer.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So I did some water parameters tests today that I had some time and the results are the following:

pH : ~6.5-7
gH : 17dGH
kH : 4dGH

How can I lower the GH and what problems does this cause to the aquarium in general??

Also, I add daily or day by day about 15ml of Flourish liquid plant supplement.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.