The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some of the threads on lighting and see lots of info. I'm not familiar with the technical aspects of lighting other than it turns off and on. I have a 90 gallon tank with crypts, anubias, wysteria, anacharis, hygro tiger, purple cabomba, and a sword plant. I'm looking to replace the t5 light fixture for a led light fixture. I would like to know some of the better led options for my tank to promote growth of my plants. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
15,538 Posts
Is your tank 48.5x18.5x25ish?

You may not understand all the technical aspects but your best bet is to review the sticky in the Lighting subforum. Read as much as you can and pay close attention to the data for what's considered low, medium and high light. From that you'll know enough to make a decision.

In those sticky threads, there's tons of information about PAR data for various fixtures. From Finnex (a forum sponsor) to many others.

Since you likely want low light, it shouldn't be tough to find an affordable fixture.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your tank 48.5x18.5x25ish?

You may not understand all the technical aspects but your best bet is to review the sticky in the Lighting subforum. Read as much as you can and pay close attention to the data for what's considered low, medium and high light. From that you'll know enough to make a decision.

In those sticky threads, there's tons of information about PAR data for various fixtures. From Finnex (a forum sponsor) to many others.

Since you likely want low light, it shouldn't be tough to find an affordable fixture.

I read it before I made the initial post and I read it again. That's a lot of info to absorb. I'm hoping some people will chime in with their led lighting decisions and why and actual results. I'm not really wanting to make my own fixture. I'm looking for options for manufactured fixtures that won't break the bank. Any input as to led lighting choices?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts