The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
It is looking better. I would try rotating the farthest back left rock so it is pointing at the larger rock in front of it and move the rock in the front left position closer to the larger rock on the left. I am trying to really make the larger rock on the left the focus point where your eye is drawn to. On the right I would try removing one of the smaller rocks altogether. This is what I would do though and only me, it is important you have something you are happy with as you are going to be the one staring at it most of the time. If you like the way it looks now (or before) then go for it.

One concern though is even a very low growing foreground plant like HC is going to completely cover up some of your rocks, you need to get them poking out of the substrate a little bit more. Even if it doesn't quite look right now it will once your plants grow in a little bit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah, the rocks up front will definitely be covered with your carpeting plant. IMO there are a few too many rocks. I am more of a fan of sanzen iwagumi. You have done a good job making sure that the soil is dynamic. I would flatten the front though. Just along the front glass.(It will make the upward slope more apparent) I feel as though the upward pointing rock on the left needs to be angled differently. Can we get a side view?

ALso, I can not tell whether you have 7 rocks, or 8. If 8, you will want to arrange a couple of them in such a way, that fool the eye into thinking they are one rock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.