The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't posted in forever on here and recently decided to get back into everything only to find out that panworld is supposedly no longer making external pumps and most places are out of stock and I dont particularly have the funds for a new iwaki pump.

I was looking at the 40px from panworld (md20r iwaki equivalent) but I can only find a 50px which I think is way too large for my application.

I'm only looking to run the co2 reactor and use it for water changes.

All this is on a 90 gallon aquarium. I have a 3 inch by 24 inch rex grigg style reactor fed by a dual stage regulator.

What are some equivalently speced and equally reliable pumps I could get?

I've looked at the little giant pumps and have my eye on the 581503 3-MD-SC model but I'm not sure how that compares to the panworld/ iwaki pumps besides it having a 750gph rating which is probably way too big for my needs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello. A moment ago I shared my experience with another colleague for a similar question. Therefore I can answer you the same and tell you that a dedicated CO2 pump is unnecessary.
I have not used CO2 reactors or diffusers for many years. At the outlet of the filter (my favorite is the 2217 from Eheim) I place a small glass for filtering water for consumption (the last one for € 14 in stores), as attached. If it does not have it, you place a pvc tube from its head to the bottom, to force the path of the water. Before him you inject the CO2. And resolved. CO2 will not escape from its top and dissolves quickly and without visible bubbles. Simple and very effective.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.