76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received in the mail the following supplements for my 150g plants

1 pound of each:
CSM+B PLANTEX
KH2P04
KNO3
K2S04

New to the dosing regiment, so help if you can :)

What ammount of dry fert do I put in tank, what measurement would I use, do I mix in bottle then add or add dry to tank?

Most of all, Ive been told by brad to be consistant which is a good piece of advice, just how many days a week do I dose .

thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
11,986 Posts
You may want to do a forum search for "EI dosing" (Estimative Index) as well as PPS-Pro for some dosing regimens that people use.

You can either mix up the fertilizers in a bottle first and then dose (as a liquid), or you can also add them dry to the tank (you still have to dissolve it in a little bit of water before throwing it into the tank, however).

The number of days you dose (and what you dose on each day) is also dependent on the fertilization regimen you choose.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok,

Just dosed for the first time, I dry dosed, and will continue to do so. I can't wait to see a difference, then I will try the mixed liquid method.

My wife thinks Im obsessed, sigh, if she only had something of interest besided these damn cats running around the house ! lol

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
there is no difference between dry or liquid dosing. its all about convinience to you.

and my girlfriend thinks i'm obsesse too. scratch that, she knows i'm obsessed. they just dont understand

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
+2 My wife loves and hates my tanks. They take time away from time with her? IDK... She just called me a dork.

I am getting dry ferts next weekend. I am planning on getting a lb of each, also. I guess that should last a while on my 75.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CSM+B PLANTEX
KH2P04
KNO3
K2S04

Im doing 1 1/2 tsp x3 weekly dry ferts of the above, then a 50 % water change for a 150 gallon, with good lighting and pressure c02, moderate plants

sound good?

·
Super Moderator
11,986 Posts
100 - 125 Gallon Aquarium
+/- 1 1/2 tsp KN03 3x a week
+/- ½ tsp KH2P04 3x a week
+/- 1.25 tsp once a week(water change only)
+/- ½ tsp (30ml) Trace 3x a week
50% weekly water change

Is the regime that Tom Barr recommends for a 100-125 gallon tank. I would tweak it a little.

Adding 3/2 teaspoons of KH2PO4 and trace mix 3 times a week is too much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts