The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to come up with 0.0008 ppm Co, i need to make a solution which will add 0.0008 ppm Co from 5ml dose to 50 gallon water. the solution should be 500ml Concentrated and from there adding 10 ml from this 500ml solution to 490ml ro/di water should add 0.0008 ppm. can anyone help me with this one? i am no expert in this field, but i do need assistant to solve this one. thanks

the stuff i will be using is called Cobalt Sulfate - Heptahydrate 99.5+% Reagent

i will pm the Ebay link if you need to see what am ordering

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the chemical formula CoSO4 *7H2O?
i think its 281.103 g/mol heptahydrate if am not wrong, they did not provide the chemical formula on ebay, if you got better source of Cobalt please do let me know.

after looking at similar product, it might be CoSO4 · 7H2O

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use CoSO4 *7H2O, this is the way I do it:
0,05 gram of CoSO4 *7H2O in 500ml of water as stock.
5ml of this in 100l gives Co = 0,001 mg/l

I ad about 0,001 - 0,003 weekly.

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use CoSO4 *7H2O, this is the way I do it:
0,05 gram of CoSO4 *7H2O in 500ml of water as stock.
5ml of this in 100l gives Co = 0,001 mg/l

I ad about 0,001 - 0,003 weekly.

yeh i was getting 0.05 with this calc that i was using but not sure if monohydrate, heptahydrate or anhydrous would increase or decrease the ppm levels if i go with 0.05 gram.

Bump:
Is this for you ultimate ferlizer is sent you a mail pleas check it

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
nope not for that, but it is for my own trace recipe that am working on, i just thought about adding cobalt to it.

·
Banned
3,261 Posts
If it's hydrated, there's less cobalt per weight so you'd need to add more. I'm still stuck on the math on this one since it's reverse of how I usually calculate things and there are way too many decimals.

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it's hydrated, there's less cobalt per weight so you'd need to add more. I'm still stuck on the math on this one since it's reverse of how I usually calculate things and there are way too many decimals.
it sure is very complicated, maybe i should try looking for better COSo4 source. which one did you say you used?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts