The Planted Tank Forum banner

Need help w/blyxa

1135 10
I got these plants about a week ago. They started out a beautiful green...thanks Starccc...now, as you can see they have started to turn redish. Is this a problem, ie-transplant shock or a nutrient deficiency. I dose basically to what is recommended for Flourish, Excel, Iron, Trace, and I have pressurized CO2(ph stays b/t 6.8 and 7.00) Khstays b/t 4-6. If anyone can let me know, please do about the blyxa, as well as any comments on tank overall. I had just done a little moving of plants, so the tank is a little cloudy in this pic. I also did a cutting of the rotala and ludwig in the right side tonight that is not shown in this pic...sorry. too lazy to upload more pics tonight. Thanks all
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,394 Posts
not sure about yours, but when i had b. japonica, it got reddish towards the top. it could be my monitor/eyes, but yours looks more brown than what mine looked like. you can't really see the pink in this photo, but it's the only photo i could find that i haven't deleted.

if i'm not mistaken, Blyxa aubertii will get that sort of reddish/bronze color.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.