The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please someone help me identify whether these are planaria or harmless flat worms. I have a shrimp only tank amd I'm worried. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
..they look flat worms to me.. im not an expert but think detrius worms are longer and thinner, anchor worms have a forked tail,
Planaria have like a diamond shaped head and can be white, brown, pink. Do they have a flattened body? with 2 fine dots on the front of head , ... if you can get a better close up then that would be better for us..

If it has a flattened body, with a diamond shaped head then i would say planaria, however dont listen to me im really no expert..

I did a quick search on this forum and found this link below.
Planted tank post

I also found this, nut from a different forum, hope im allowed to post but it does explain this difference..
Planaria

This is a pic of planaria
Plant Terrestrial plant Twig Close-up Macro photography

This is anchor worm
Water Sky Underwater Aqua Liquid

if im in anyway helpful then its luck just trying to help...

Reactions: PratikGautam18

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
..they look flat worms to me.. im not an expert but think detrius worms are longer and thinner, anchor worms have a forked tail,
Planaria have like a diamond shaped head and can be white, brown, pink. Do they have a flattened body? with 2 fine dots on the front of head , ... if you can get a better close up then that would be better for us..

If it has a flattened body, with a diamond shaped head then i would say planaria, however dont listen to me im really no expert..

I did a quick search on this forum and found this link below.
Planted tank post

I also found this, nut from a different forum, hope im allowed to post but it does explain this difference..
Planaria

This is a pic of planaria
View attachment 1035741

This is anchor worm
View attachment 1035742

if im in anyway helpful then its luck just trying to help...
Thanks a lot for your help. I'll try to get better pics and attach them. They have kinda larger heads, can't see distinct dots. I agree that they must not be detritus cuz these worms only stick to the glass. Just wondering if they're planaria or not

1 - 4 of 4 Posts