The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres my delema. i work at my lfs and a guy came in talking about some swords he is having problems with, he got them from another lfs, well it turns out the swords he got were the ones i traded the other lfs (my store doesnt have a tank for 2 18" tall swords) so we got to talking about planted tanks and he wants me to set up his tank to be planted!!!! :eek: well im a newb and dont really have the time but he's willing to pay. so i was thinking i can make time, everyone can use some extra cash. well heres the issues, he has a 125 gal tank with some pc lights (dont kno the watts), has regular gravel, it needs to be some what low tech do to the fact that he doesnt wanna do any maintanence on it, he's willing to do co2 but i dunno what other upgrades he's willing to do, so what could work possibly low light and thats basicly maintanence free

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
If he wants low maintenance then you don't want to put CO2 on the tank. Trimming a 125gal planted tank will take hours each week, not to mention ferts, etc.

I'd just make sure he's got a good light level for his size tank to stay low tech, and stuff the tank with low light plants- Vals, swords, crypts, Anubias, mosses, Java ferns of different varieties... put some root tabs under the rooted plants and call it DONE.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i want low maintenance cuz if i do do this i kno he wont do any maintenance, he has a sw nano cube that he pays someone to come and clean it and such

·
Registered
567 Posts
If that's the case, he'd probably be paying someone to maintain this tank for him too. Maybe that someone could be you! =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts