The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm converting an old marine tank into a planted tank. The tank has a built in filtration chamber attached to the back of the aquarium. The return pumps and plumbing have been lost over the years the tank was in storage, and I'm really struggling running the water returning from the new pumps back to the tank. I'm looking for suggestions on what parts I can buy to make this happen.

The aquarium has two predrilled holes. These holes are only 1/2 inch in diameter, and the small size of these holes are making it difficult to find a fix.

I have 1/2" tubing (5/8" exterior so it cannot fit through holes) that I can connect to my pumps so I need to find an elbow that will work with the tubing and be small enough to fit through the holes or connect to something else that will. Ideally, I would like to be able to attach nozzles to direct the return flow inside the aquarium. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
Give us a picture of the full tank and its size.
What about drilling those holes larger to accept a 3/4" bulkhead?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.