The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Info: I used to have 3 tanks back in the USA, now in Japan. I can't do any DIY stuff here. No time/access to the required tools. I have a hard time translating stuff at the hardware store, so I can pretty much only buy online. In the USA, I did DIY co2, stand, lights, found my own wood, etc etc. I don't have the time for that.. so I need help purchasing lights, etc..

So, I'm looking for roughly a 60m (~24in) long tank.. about ~65L (~15gal). Want a fairly high-tec set up. I want Dwarf Baby tears, and other plants that require high light/ferts/co2..

This is what I have so far.

Tank/ExFilter
(first time with external filter.)

Pressurized Co2
(first time with pressurized Co2

Lighting

Stand

Dirt

Additional Info
First off, I'm concerned with lighting. Want to go LED, but don't know what to get. Also, I need a very powerful/wide range heater. The ambient temperature can drop to freezing in my apartment (except one room, but no space for the tank there.)

Thanks so much!~

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's hard to tell as I don't read Japanese and am not familiar with those brands.

On the pressurized CO2 kit you've chosen. It uses small CO2 cartridges that will need to be replaced very often and, at least here in the US, are not cheap. You very quickly eclipse the cost of buying an actual proper CO2 system. If you want to be on that low end and not a standard regulator, get a regulator that goes on a paintball tank. I'm not sure which Japanese brands that are cheaper there in Japan though that are of the same level. The aquatek on amazon jp is like $200 which is insane. Though perhaps paintball tanks aren't a common thing in Japan.

The substrate looks like it should be fine, it looks like standard shrimp substrate rather than a plant focused substrate, but I could be wrong here.

For the lights, frankly no idea. Not familiar with the brand and I don't see on the Amazon page anywhere where they list what the LEDs are. The reviews seem to suggest that it can grow glosso and hair grass though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts