The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just set up my fluval spec. I replaced the stock light with a 10w GE helical cfl. Its in a dome fixture hanging About 13" above the lowest part of the substrate. I just want to know what light category this falls under. Im trying to grow flame sword and chain sword. Substrate is flourite red. Non CO2 but will dose excel everyday. I have dry ferts N, P, CSM+B. i can prepare a mix just need to know how much to dose. This is my first nano tank so i cant really figure out how to scale down everything. Every advise would be very mych appreciated. I can post pictures when i get home tonight. Pls ask me anything that is would help figure things out. Thanks a lot in advance! You guys helpedme with my 25gal before and its still in tip top condition! =)

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
The best way to check light strength is a par meter.

Hoppy is our resident light expert. He can do an amazing job at explaining.

Meanwhile, do you have a color temperature?

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i already figured out my lighting. Right now uts 2700k but im switching it tonight to a 13W 6500k suspended about 8" from the water surface. My only concern is scaling down fert dosage. Ild like to dose just 2x a week with excel dose everyday then water change everyweek. No fish in it yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts