The Planted Tank Forum banner

Need help on find this bracket.

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  phan10ms 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a rimless tank and due to not having some sort of lid, I have already lost 3 fish from them jumping out. I searched around for solutions and I noticed that they make these brackets where you can hang on the edge of the glass and place a lid on top of it. Where can I get these?

See less See more
#2 ·
You could super glue some glass 'chunks' at the appropriate height inside the tank and set the lid on those.

Another thought is mirror support clips from a home improvement store. They are U shapped with two of the needed square bends. Two pair of needle nose pliers would put the third bend in. Cut off any extra length.

Good luck.

#3 ·
I have a rimless tank and due to not having some sort of lid, I have already lost 3 fish from them jumping out. I searched around for solutions and I noticed that they make these brackets where you can hang on the edge of the glass and place a lid on top of it. Where can I get these?

im in the same boat ...i know where to to get the net . but cant find the way to get a nice decent frame like that . i can do it the ghetto way but i want to make it right and nice . Pm me if you know the way

#6 ·
#8 ·
I would have thought bird netting might have holes that are still on the big side (i.e. fish can still slip through). Birds aren't that small, so the holes would not necessarily be small enough that a fish could not jump through.

In the OP's post, it also appears that the mesh is made up of some kind of metal?

Finally, if you just want a soft mesh, perhaps you could use the material that is for screen doors?

#9 ·
thats what i thought too .!! but after read the thread RC local club, it is just a net bird. USnettig got some 3/4" netting , fish cant jump though. but come with big roll only .which is 70$ + shipping ..
read this ..there's a pic in there too and page 2 for materialad order info
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1690864

metal mesh an scree door material is a lil too hard to work with the DIY frame IMO.

#10 ·
I built one of these screens for a tank I no longer have but just bought a screen kit at Home Depot, bird netting and splining tool. It all cost less than $30. I have tons of the bird netting leftover, unfortunately because I bought the big roll.

EDIT: I just realized that the OP is looking for the clear plastic brackets to balance the lid on. I don't have any idea where to get those, sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.