The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was hoping if anyone on the plantedtank forum could help me maintain my Alternanthera sp. I've had for a couple of months. At first they were doing great but then I noticed that some of the leaves started to die out and they also get allot of algae. My tank is 10 gallons, it has running Co2, it has 2 cfl light bulbs each are 15 watts 6500k. I give about 10 hours of light each day. In the tank I also have moneywort, dwarf hairgrass and elodia plants which are doing perfectly fine, they have no algae and very healthy. In addition the tank contains 4 full grown fancy guppies (3 females and 1 male) and about 10 baby fancy guppies.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I cut the worst off algae leaves on mine. The best growth is at the top where the plant has reached the water's surface. The stem turns and runs along the surface and I have a ton of new branches sprouting off that. I should have trimmed more, but at least now I can trim those off for new plants.

Yours is looking pretty dense, maybe a good trim would help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cut the worst off algae leaves on mine. The best growth is at the top where the plant has reached the water's surface. The stem turns and runs along the surface and I have a ton of new branches sprouting off that. I should have trimmed more, but at least now I can trim those off for new plants.

Yours is looking pretty dense, maybe a good trim would help.
I trimmed mine a week ago allot but maybe I should trim them some more. Do you fertilize yours?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts