The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell if if these are these Opae Ula? Long story short, I had about 6-7 Opae Ula for about 3 years before I stupidly tried to put them with some Neocaridinas I bought in October.

I talked to some people about that and they said that it was cruel to put them in freshwater so I ended up putting them back in brackish water.

During the time that they were all in the freshwater tank, I had a Red rili which was pregnant when I bought her and she give birth about 2 months ago. I didn’t think that any of her babies survived but this shrimp and another is quite big( around 1.5cm and larger than any of the other opae ula) so I wonder if this is a Neo or a opae ula.

I was wondering if these are just well fed opae ula since I started being more deliberate about feeding them more too.To complicate matters, I had opae ula fry too just birthed before the Red Rili did.

Currently this shrimp and its similar sized counterpart is in the tank that I am trying to slowly make brackish so I don’t want to add any more salt (currently at 1.001) until I am certain.

This has all the drama of a contrived summer movie release (no thanks to me) but can anyone help??
Thanks!!
Vertebrate Water Insect Underwater Fish

Insect Wood Arthropod Pollinator Twig

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Opae ulas should be in a brackish water tank.

Cherry shrimp, which is what you have, should be in a freshwater tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the sharing guys! I moved them over a few days ago and they are doing great, reunited with their mama too! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts