The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here. Looking to make a nicer aquascape tank then I have made in the past. I've found a tank I really want to base mine off of but I have no idea what most of the plant species are in it. Would anyone who sees this be able to identify as many plants as they can in the aquarium? It would be helpful if you can sort of give a rough location/ description of it along with the name. Thanks!

Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
Hi Welcome

Dwarf hair grass (middle foreground) and crypt balansae (back right corner). Sorry dont really know anything else馃様

Registered
The single stems of many leaved plants with spring green color with pinkish stems are Limnophilia Aromatica. The bright dark red thickets are quite possibly Ludwigia Natans "red". There's possibly some Rotala Macrandra Mini Red in that tank too.

Note: growing the dark red plants to have that color, especially Rotala Macrandra, takes some experience, good iron fertilizing, Nitrate starvation, and CO2 injection.

Registered
Its got red Cabomba on the left,what might be Ludwigia palustris in deep red. Maybe Ammania is golden. Its Nymphea isnt Tiger Lotus- its the other one seen all the time. Smaller and less demanding but no Tiger Lotus color either.

Registered
I believe the rust red plant is MYRIOPHYLLUM TUBERCULATUM. Also i can't tell for sure but on the very righ it looks like a small variance of madagascar lace plant. There are many variance of this plant with different density and size of leaves (i can't quite tell if the leaves actually have full lace in your picture).

Registered
Left corner, poking out from the water, are several young stalks of "Lucky Bamboo" or Dracaena sanderiana. It is not a true bamboo. Also, it's leaves must always be out of the water or it slowly dies.

Right corner, also out of water is a pothos vine (Epipremnum aureum). I can't tell if it's actually growing out form the water, or from a hanging pot suspended above the aquarium.

I agree, the big leaved plant with "floating" leaves is some sort of tiger lotus (Nymphaea zenkeri). There are many different color types. It looks like it's planted on the bottom right, where you can see it's smaller type aquatic leaves.

Hope that helps, good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.