The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, forum members!

I've been lurking on this board for a long time--probably 6 months or so--but only officially joined today. I came here because this is the most sophisticated freshwater aquarium forum I've found, and the stickys here have helped learn about how to launch my planted tank endeavor. After four years of fishkeeping, I decided to just say no to cheesy plastic plants!

But here's my question--I've bought a few plants from my LFS and I've planted them, but I have no idea what they are. I live by the Lower East Side in Manhattan and bought these plants from a store in Chinatown. The proprietors keep healthy-looking tanks, but their English is not the best, and the plants don't come with labels.

I searched the plant directory on this site and on liveaquaria and drs. foster n smith, but I still haven't been able to ID what I have (saying this so that you know I'm not just being a lazy slacker unwilling to help myself).

If anyone knows these plants, will you please tell me their names so that I can learn how to take good care of them?

Thank you kindly. And PS, with the first photo, I don't mean the sword in the back or the mossball, but the bright green grassy-looking one in between. thank you again.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
The plant in the 2nd picture is a Cryptocoryne, probably Cryptocoryne x willisii 'lucens'. I'm not sure what the third plant is, but it definitely looks like a non-aquatic plant.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Axel. ROLF if the third is not aquatic, what a joke on me! I thought there was something funny about them because they have virtually no root structure and despite putting them right under the light and putting fert tabs underneath them, they are gradually turning brown. I feel like a dork.

the Crypotocoryne x willissii lucens is super pretty though; I think it is my favorite!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.